In 2007, the ACS and UGA entered into a collaborative partnership with the aims of strengthening the academic programs of the participating institutions and bringing about efficiencies and cost containment through collaboration without duplicating efforts. The partnership is overseen by the provost at UGA, working with key UGA deans involved in the effort, and the ACS council of deans, working with the ACS president.
Key features of the collaboration include:
- Collaborative research and partnerships between UGA and ACS faculty through which ACS faculty can make use of UGA facilities
- High visibility of UGA on ACS campuses for the purpose of recruiting students to UGA graduate and professional schools
- Teaching opportunities for UGA post-doctoral students and graduate students who are working on their dissertations at ACS institutions
- A clearinghouse of information
- Joint international programs.