Future Scholars Visitation Program
2012 Future Scholars Visitation Program participants.
The University of Georgia Graduate School Outreach and Diversity Office is honored to host our 13th annual Future Scholars Visitation Program on November 10 - November 12, 2013. Seniors, masters and/or professional students, as well as graduates from colleges and universities across the United States, including minority-serving institutions and graduate preparation programs are invited to apply.
This three-day event includes the opportunity for participants to:
- Meet academic administrators
- Discuss program and research interests with department faculty
- Network with current and other prospective graduate students
- Participate in workshops about admissions, research and funding opportunities
The UGA Graduate School will cover participants lodging and most meals during the program. All selected participants will receive an application fee waiver for their UGA graduate school application. Participants are eligible to receive up to $100 for reimbursed travel expenses (including airline, shuttle and/or mileage). Current UGA student are not eligible for reimbursement of travel expenses. Documentation will be required for all reimbursement requests.
To be considered in our selection process, interested students must submit the following materials (postmarked) by the deadline of Friday, October 4, 2013.
- Visitation program application form
- Personal statement (directed toward your graduate program of interest and based on guidelines detailed on the graduate program website)
- 3. Three academic letters of recommendation on business letterhead in a sealed envelope (letters should be addressed to the graduate coordinator in your graduate program of interest and mailed to the Outreach and Diversity Office)
- Verification of registration for GRE/GMAT/LSAT
- Two sealed official transcripts
- Supplemental materials (for additional information, please visit departmental website))
All participants are required to provide proof of registration for the GRE/GMAT/LSAT prior to acceptance to the Future Scholars Visitation Program. Students must register to take the exam on or before Friday, October 25, 2013.
If you have questions about the FSVP, please see our FAQ.
The Future Scholars Visitation Program serves as a recruitment tool for prospective graduate students, allowing them to visit the University of Georgia campus and their departments of interest. This program follows the University of Georgia’s strategic plan to create a more diverse environment on campus by recruiting students from historically under-represented backgrounds.
Students who are selected to participate in this visitation program must:
- Be seriously considering attending the University of Georgia for graduate or professional school
- Be eligible to pursue a graduate or professional degree in Fall 2014
- Have a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher (on a 4.00 scale) reflected on an official transcript
- Score in the 50th percentile on both Verbal and Quantitative sections of the revised GRE or have a 1000 GRE on the old GRE, 600 GMAT score, or 164 LSAT, and
- Self-identify with a background under-represented in higher education.
You may contact the Outreach and Diversity Office at email@example.com and/or (706) 425-3206/3205 for more information. We look forward to seeing you at the UGA Graduate School!
Outreach and Diversity
(706) 425-3205/3206 [office]
(706) 425-3093 [fax]